Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!


Pete and I went a July 4th festival in the small town of Seward, NE this morning. There was a little antique show going on there, along with tons of fair food, a gigantic craft show, and other festivities. We only survived about an hour and a half in the mid-90 degree heat, but that was plenty of time for me to nab this red and white antique quilt.

I love the red cross design - there's something very modern about it, but still classic, simple, and traditional. And I'm a sucker for a red and white quilt. I threw it over the couch, where it's providing a touch of patriotic country charm. Very Ralph Lauren, don't you think? I don't know that it will stay here, but for today it's perfect.

Happy 4th!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Gorgeous! SOOOO HAPPY to have you back blogging....missed you! Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - thanks Kim! I know, I've been blog LAZY lately... More posts ahead, I promise :)

      Delete
  2. I am in love with your quilt! I did a post on my love of red cross items and even painted a medicine cabinet with the Swiss emblem. I also ordered a funky cross quilt pattern that I hope to make, but I'd really love an old one like yours. You just can't duplicate "old".

    Love your newly added profile photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! And I love the blue coverlet pillow too. I am also such a sucker for a red and white quilt. I have a new martha stewart one in my guest room but am longing for an antique one. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I have a daughter who is a nurse and she would love it as well. Great find.

    Smiles,

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th.. Love the quilt also... Love your blog so very much.. Blessings Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful quilt. I LOVE it! It looks so beautiful ;)
    ....happy 4th July!
    greetings, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great find! I am in love with that pillow, too. It is gorgeous! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy 4th wishes and what a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...